Level 1- Light Duty (Nationally Certified Tow Operator®)
The National Driver Certification Program® (NDCP) is now the Towing & Recovery Operator Certification Program® (TROCP®)! In the industry’s only unified certification program. Visit www.towcert.com for more information!
Everyone with a valid NDCP or TRSCP certification has been had an account with towcert.com created for them. You’ll need to login to your new account to access your records, register for new certifications, renew existing certifications, print duplicate wall certificates or ID cards, etc. You should have received an account activation email. This email will require you to select a password to access your account. If you did not receive an account activation email, please click here.
TROCP/NDCP Level 1 Background
The Level 1 certification exam is intended to measure certain basic knowledge specific to light duty towing and recoveries, examples include:
- Routine customer pick up, delivery and light recovery
- Hook-ups for cars and light trucks up to 10,000 GVWR
- The difference between front wheel and rear wheel drive vehicles and appropriate procedures for each
- Installation of dollies and required dolly towing procedures
We recognize that many Level 1 towers will possess more knowledge than what is mentioned above and may possess light duty recovery skills as well. Certification tests, but does not address or attempt to evaluate the certified driver’s actual job performance.
- Regular Price $200
- TRAA Member $150 (current TRAA members only, requires discount code and subject to verification)
- Retest Fee $100 (reduced retesting fee only applies if retesting within registration window)
All TROCP exams are delivered online and proctored. Online testing is ultra-convenient as participants are able test from virtually any location with secure internet access, a web-cam, microphone, and privacy.
- Once earned, participants can download their own wall certificates for documentation.
- NDCP uniform patches are available for purchase for existing certificants on our Products page.
- Please note, all NDCP and TROCP certifications expire every five (5) years. Login to your account at www.towcert.com to start the renewal process.
- In the unfortunate event that you fail and need to retest, another test application and retest fee will be required.
- Once submitted, the registration is non-transferable and all associated costs/fees are non-refundable.
- In accordance with FERPA guidelines, all communication between TRAA and the participant will be directed to the individual’s personal contact information. Unless authorized to do so, the registrant retains all responsibility for communicating his/her certification status and other pertinent details to his/her employer (if applicable).
- As with all testing events, validating and confirming the security at testing location is subject to the discretion of the proctor.
- By participating in the program, registered participants authorize us to include their name, level achieved, ID number, city/state/zip, and expiration information in our online certification directory and any related publications/documentation at our discretion.
* All prices and policies are subject to change without notice. Effective February 1, 2014.