Level 2- Medium/Heavy Duty (Master Tower®)
The National Driver Certification Program® (NDCP) is now the Towing & Recovery Operator Certification Program® (TROCP®)! In the industry’s only unified certification program. Visit www.towcert.com for more information!
Everyone with a valid NDCP or TRSCP certification has been had an account with towcert.com created for them. You’ll need to login to your new account to access your records, register for new certifications, renew existing certifications, print duplicate wall certificates or ID cards, etc. You should have received an account activation email. This email will require you to select a password to access your account. If you did not receive an account activation email, please click here.
TROCP/NDCP Level 2 Background
The Level 2 Certification test is intended to measure certain basic knowledge specific to medium/heavy duty towing, examples include:
- Special Considerations Involved in Hazmat Recoveries
- Equipment Required for Proper Operation of Various Towing and Recovery Units
- Proper Hook-up Procedures for Specialty Vehicles, medium/heavy truck combinations
- Loading, Securing, and Unloading a Vehicle Using Carriers and Trailers
- Cargo Concerns including Loading, Securing and Unloading
We recognize that many Level 2 towers will possess more knowledge than what is mentioned above and may possess heavy duty recovery skills as well. Certification tests, but does not address or attempt to evaluate the certified driver’s actual job performance.
- Valid TROCP/NDCP Level 1 – Light Duty certification.
- Regular Price $200
- TRAA Member $150 (current TRAA members only, requires discount code and subject to verification)
- Retest Fee $100 (reduced retesting fee only applies if retesting within initial one year registration window)
All TROCP exams are delivered online and proctored. Online testing is ultra-convenient as participants are able test from virtually any location with secure internet access, a web-cam, microphone, and privacy.
- Once submitted, the registration is non-transferable and all associated costs/fees are non-refundable.
- In accordance with FERPA guidelines, all communication between the NDCP Office and the registrant will be directed to the individual’s personal contact information.
- As with all testing events, validating and confirming the security at testing location is subject to the discretion of the proctor.
- By participating in the program, registered participants authorize us to include their name, level achieved, ID number, city/state/zip, and expiration information in our online certification directory and any related publications/documentation at our discretion.
- After successfully passing the certification test your documentation will be available for download.
- NDCP patches and decals are available for purchase by certificants on our Products page.
- Please note, all NDCP certifications expire every five (5) years. Login to your account at www.towcert.com to start the renewal process.
- In the unfortunate event that you fail and need to retest, another test application and retest fee will be required.
* All prices and policies are subject to change without notice. Effective February 1, 2014.