TRSCP® Advanced Level (Nationally Certified Towing Support Specialist™)
As a professional certification program, the Towing & Recovery Support Certification Program™ (TRSCP®) is intended to set the standard for professionals in this occupation by measuring certain basic knowledge, skills, and competencies that have been deemed appropriate for those employed in support staff roles within the towing and recovery industry. Building upon the content from the entry level, this advanced level is intended for professionals operating at the next level such as scene safety supervisors, compliance directors, non-operator company owners, etc. While the TRSCP® was developed specifically for the towing and recovery industry, the program is open to all qualified candidates in other associated fields that meet the requirements.
Participants must demonstrate that they meet these predetermined standards by successfully completing the corresponding assessment with a final score of 80% or higher. Certification evaluates knowledge but does not address or attempt to evaluate the participant’s actual job performance.
Building on the content from the entry level, the advanced level goes deeper into areas such as traffic incident management, scene safety, documentation, post incident reporting, etc.
Professional certification programs have the unique ability to bestow designations. Upon successful completion of the TRSCP® advanced level, participants will earn the title of Nationally Certified Towing Support Specialist™. Once earned, certification is valid for five (5) years after which time renewal/recertification is required.
- Towing & Recovery Support Certification Program™ (TRSCP®) Entry Level (certification must be current)
- All participants must have already completed the National Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Responder Training, or FHWA deemed equivalent. Eligible courses include:
- TRAA Member $100 (current TRAA members only, requires verification)
- Non-Member $150
- Retest Fee $50 (reduced retesting fee only applies if retesting within initial one year registration window)
All TRSCP® exams are delivered online and proctored. Online testing is ultra-convenient as participants are able test from virtually any location with secure internet access, a web-cam, microphone, and privacy. Not sure if your computer will meet the requirements? Click here to verify your settings and equipment now.
- Pay for the registration online and return the required TRSCP® Advanced Level Registration Form via email or fax.
- Please allow up to ten (10) business days for the initial processing of the registration. Once authorized to test, the participant will receive an email with detailed introductions for scheduling and completing the online exam. Testing will not be successful if the instructions are not followed.
- Participants schedule their own online testing appointment using the instructions provided.
- Please allow plenty of time to thoroughly review the study guide prior to taking the test. The study guide is available online free of charge.
- Participants must attempt and pass the test within one year of the original registration date. Those unable to attempt or pass the test within one year must submit a new registration form and initial registration fee.
- Upon completion of the exam, the final test results are emailed to the participant and his/her employer (provided TRAA has been authorized to do so).
- Once earned, participants receive a PDF wall certificate denoting his/her status as a Nationally Certified Towing Support Specialist™. Uniform patches are available for purchase on our Products page.
- Please note, all NDCP certifications expire every five (5) years. Failure to recertify within 90 days of your expiration date will result in the cancellation of your status (highest certification level completed only). In this event, you will need to complete the initial certification process over again.
- In the unfortunate event that you fail and need to retest, another test application and retest fee will be required.
- Once submitted, the registration is non-transferable and all associated costs/fees are non-refundable.
- In accordance with FERPA guidelines, all communication between TRAA and the participant will be directed to the individual’s personal contact information. Unless authorized to do so, the registrant retains all responsibility for communicating his/her certification status and other pertinent details to his/her employer (if applicable).
- As with all testing events, validating and confirming the security at testing location is subject to the discretion of the proctor.
- By participating in the program, registered participants authorize us to include their name, level achieved, ID number, city/state/zip, and expiration information in our online certification directory and any related publications/documentation at our discretion.
Additional questions? Contact Elizabeth Martineau-Dupuis, Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All prices and policies are subject to change without notice. Effective June 26, 2018.