TRSCP® Entry Level (Nationally Certified Towing Support Professional®)
As a professional certification program, the Towing & Recovery Support Certification Program® (TRSCP®) is intended to set the standard for professionals in this occupation by measuring certain basic knowledge, skills, and competencies that have been deemed appropriate for those employed in support staff roles within the towing and recovery industry. These roles include dispatchers, office managers, administrative staff, etc. While the TRSCP® was developed specifically for the towing and recovery industry, the program is open to all qualified candidates in other associated fields that meet the requirements.
Participants must demonstrate that they meet these predetermined standards by successfully completing the corresponding assessment with a final score of 75% or higher. Certification evaluates knowledge but does not address or attempt to evaluate the participant’s actual job performance.
The entry level exam covers four (4) major categories:
- Customer Service
- During an Incident
- Post Incident
Professional certification programs have the unique ability to bestow designations. Upon successful completion of the TRSCP® entry level, participants will earn the title of Nationally Certified Towing Support Professional®. Once earned, certification is valid for five (5) years after which time renewal/recertification is required.
All participants must have already completed the National Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Responder Training, or FHWA deemed equivalent. Eligible courses include:
- Regular Price $200
- TRAA Member $150 (current TRAA members only, requires discount code and subject to verification)
- Retest Fee $100 (reduced retesting fee only applies if retesting within initial one year registration window)
All TRSCP® exams are delivered online and proctored. Online testing is ultra-convenient as participants are able test from virtually any location with secure internet access, a web-cam, microphone, and privacy.
- Once earned, participants can download their own wall certificates for documentation. Uniform patches are available for purchase on our Products page.
- Please note, all TRSCP certifications expire every five (5) years. Failure to recertify within 90 days of your expiration date will result in the cancellation of your status (highest certification level completed only). In this event, you will need to complete the initial certification process over again. Login to your account at www.towcert.com to start the renewal process.
- In the unfortunate event that you fail and need to retest, another test application and retest fee will be required.
- Once submitted, the registration is non-transferable and all associated costs/fees are non-refundable.
- In accordance with FERPA guidelines, all communication between TRAA and the participant will be directed to the individual’s personal contact information. Unless authorized to do so, the registrant retains all responsibility for communicating his/her certification status and other pertinent details to his/her employer (if applicable).
- As with all testing events, validating and confirming the security at testing location is subject to the discretion of the proctor.
- By participating in the program, registered participants authorize us to include their name, level achieved, ID number, city/state/zip, and expiration information in our online certification directory and any related publications/documentation at our discretion.
* All prices and policies are subject to change without notice. Effective June 26, 2018.